Red Hook NY Log Contemporary 2700SF. This 2700SF Home has a Chefs kitchen, cathedral ceilings, master suite on 28 open acres with stream. It also has a 10 stall horse barn for business or animal enthusiasts. Just 2 hours from NYC.
Red Hook NY Log Log Contemporary
According to the U. S. Census for 2000, the town has a total area of 39 square miles and a population of 3,424 people, 97% white. The median income for a household is $37,117 and the per capita income for the town is $22,434.
The land grant for Red Hook Manor was made in 1686 to Robert Red Hook. Sometime before 1688 Colonel Pieter Schuyler, first Mayor of Albany, acquired from the Indians most of what we know as the Town of Red Hook, and in that year the Colonial Governor confirmed “Schuyler’s Patent” and his ownership of the land. By 1752 Schuyler’s tract was owned jointly by four landlords, most notably Colonel Henry Beekman, Jr. and Palantine German families, moving down from Germantown, had started to take leaseholds and develop an agricultural economy.In 1710, the area was used to settle Palatine Germans. The region was made a district in 1772 and the Town of Red Hook was founded in 1788, being one of the original towns of the county.
At the time of the Revolution there was a small settlement at Upper Red Hook, docks at Tivoli, at Barrytown and at Cruger’s Island, and saw mills on the Saw Kill at Annandale, at Red Hook Mills, at Rock City and on the White Clay Kill near Tivoli. Some of these mills were burned by the British in 1777. The Albany Post Road, which ran from New York City to Albany, was the only road of significance; supplementing it were roads to the mills and the River landings. Thomas’ Tavern in Upper Red Hook and Elmendorph’s Inn in “lower” Red Hook (both are still standing, the latter restored as a local landmark), were important meeting places, and the “Old Red Church” in Tivoli was the only house of worship. Until the early 19th Century most of the land in the Town was still owned by heirs and assigns of the early patent holders, and was leased for long terms to farming families. The area’s first important public official emerged at about this time. He was Judge Egbert Benson of Upper Red Hook, who served as New York’s first Attorney General and as a Representative to the Continental and U.S. Congresses.
Red Hook NY Log Contemporary 2700SF
Its traditional agricultural functions have decreased in importance over the years, though several important orchards still operate. Now it has an increasing influx of second home owners from the New York Metropolitan area.
In 1988 Montgomery Place, built by Janet Livingston Montgomery, was opened as a museum property. Clermont, the Livingston family seat, is a New York State Historic Site just across the Columbia County line. For many years the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome (actually Red Hook) has been a popular attraction. Newer additions to the recreational attractions of the Town are Poet’s Walk Park with its outstanding Hudson River views, the scenic Tivoli Bays National Estuarine Research Reserve and the Town’s Recreation Park. All of these added to the Town’s well-known pick-your-own farms, and the many fine restaurants, antique and specialty shops in the 19th century Villages of Red Hook and Tivoli make the Town an increasingly active participant in the Hudson Valley’s heritage tourism economy.
For more information about Red Hook NY Log Contemporary 2700SF call 800-298-8802.
For more information on the Town of Red Hook click here.
- Address: Tivoli, New York
- Price: $675,000
- Property ID: 4469
- Town Taxes: 5104
- School Taxes: 15413
- Prop. Class: Residential
- County: Dutchess
- Schools: Red Hook Central
- Contact: David Birch
- Agent Title: Broker
- Cell: 518-928-7239
- Brokerage: Pine Plains
- Phone: 518-398-6180
- Town: Red Hook