Ancram Mint Ranch 3Acres Newly Renovated 12503

Ancram Mint Ranch 3Acres Newly Renovated.  This newly renovated 3BR Ranch is in move in condition.  Located in a great setting on 3.25 Acres on a dead end road with estate properties, it is ideal for as second home or primary residence.  Owner is motivated to sell.  

Ancram Mint Ranch 3Acres Newly Renovated.  This newly renovated 3BR Ranch is in move in condition.  Located in a great setting on 3.25 Acres on a dead end road with estate properties, it is ideal for as second home or primary residence.  Owner is motivated to sell.  

Ancram Mint Ranch

Ancram Mint Ranch

Ancram Mint Ranch 3Acres Newly Renovated

Ancram NY Real Estate includes Long Lake and Lower Rhoda, Ancramdale, Boston Corners, and Weed Mines and is located in the southeastern section of Columbia County.  Ancram is a rural community close to the Town of Pine Plains in Dutchess County. The population was 1,573 at the 2010 census.  The racial makeup of the town was 97.69% White, 1.06% African American, 0.13% Native American, 0.13% Asian. The median income for a household in the town was $45,726.

The town was founded in 1803, and was originally part of Gallatin.  In 1814 Ancram separated from Gallatin and became an independent Town.  The name was derived from the Livingston homestead in Anchoram, Scotland.  Robert Livingston, first Lord of the Manor was the son of a Scotch clergyman, born in Anchoram, Scotland in 1654.  The town comprises 27,000 of the total 160,000 acres the Livingston family had held from the initial grant by the English Crown in 1686.  The first residents of Ancram New York were mostly farmers. They were brought from Scotland by the Livingston’s in 1740-1741.

Ancram Mint Ranch 3Acres Newly Renovated

Philip Livingston, grandson of Robert, founded the first iron works in 1743, the only one of its kind on the banks of the Roeliff Jansen Kill and in the NY Colony.  There were four forges, a blast furnace and a refinery forge that employed 75 to 100 men at full operation.  Three iron mines and a lead mine supported the iron works.  During the revolutionary war the Ancram iron works was a source of armaments for both the Continental army and the British.  The iron works became a paper mill in 1854 and still operates as a paper mill today.  It is the longest continuously operating mill in New York State and one of the largest employers in Columbia County.

Modern” dairy farming came to Ancram in 1875 when the railroad arrived in Ancram, providing access to the New York market for Ancram farmers as well.  Telephone service came to town in 1901. Electricity was brought to the Ancram Lead Mines (now Ancramdale) and Ancram in about 1924. Today Ancram is a sleepy village with lots of rural acreage and a well known Hillrock Estate Distillery.  The City of Hudson is approximately 20 miles to the northwest, the City of Albany approximately 50 miles to the northwest and the City and Town of Poughkeepsie approximately 35 miles to the southwest.

For more information on Ancram Mint Ranch 3Acres Newly Renovated call 80-398-8802.

For more information on the Town of Ancram click here. 

For more information on Columbia County click here. 

 

  • Address: 367 Woods court, Ancram, NY 12503 
  • Price: $359,000 
  • Property ID: 5203 
  • Town Taxes: 1551 
  • School Taxes: 2338 
  • Prop. Class: Residential 
  • County: Columbia 
  • Schools: Pine Plains 
  • Contact: David Birch 
  • Agent Title: Broker 
  • Cell: 518-928-7239 
  • Brokerage: Hillsdale 
  • Phone: 518-325-3111 
  • Town: Ancram