Coeymans Wonderful Home 38 Acres with River Frontage 12158

It’s been a wonderful life in this home for the current owners. They have added size and structure throughout. The kitchen as been completely renovated with cherry cabinets and granite counters, the 3rd floor was awesomely crafted into a new office area, and the windowed river outlook was added with a spiral staircase. No expense was spared to upgrade the plumbing, electricity, windows, and roofing, along with a new generator & Jacuzzi. This is on 38 acres with 1800ft river frontage.
Coeymans Wonderful Home on 38 Acres with 1800 FT River Frontage 12158

Coeymans Wonderful Home on 38 Acres with 1800 FT River Frontage 12158

The Town has a number of hamlets, including Alcove, in the southwest part of the town, east of the Alcove Reservoir; Aquetuck, a hamlet near the south town line; Coeymans, a hamlet and census-designated place in the southeast part of the town by the Hudson River on Route 144; Coeymans Hollow, a hamlet east of Alcove; Ravena, a village in the south part of the town on Route 9W; and Roah Hook, a hamlet north of Coeymans hamlet on the bank of the Hudson River.

According to the U. S. Census for 2000, the town has a total area of 53.1 square miles and a population of 8,151 people, 95% white. The median income for a household is $46,742 and the per capita income for the town is $21,686.

The Town of Coeymans was named after Barent Pieteres Koijemans who arrived here from Holland in 1639 and was an apprentice in a grist mill owned by the Patron Van Rensselaer. It was on April 7, 1673, that Barent Coeymans took possession of the land that he had purchased from the Indians in 1672, land which became known as the Coeymans Patent.

About the year 1800, perhaps 300 or 400 families lived in the Town of Coeymans, which was formed from part of the original patent and also from part of the Town of Watervliet. The first recorded Town meeting was held in April, 1811 and the first Supervisor was elected in 1818. The Ariaantje Coeymans stone house was built about 1720 near the mills on the Coeymans Creek. The house still stands and is in very good condition. The first dwelling, called Coeymans Castle, was a stone house that was subsequently torn down in 1833. It stood on the corner of Westerlo and First Streets.

Coeymans Wonderful Home on 38 Acres with 1800 FT River Frontage 12158

It was about 1820 when stage companies established routes and were given contracts for carrying mail. Prior to this time, mail had commonly been carried by Post Riders. A turnpike company was incorporated for the construction and maintenance of a highway from Coeymans Landing through Coeymans Hollow, Indian Fields, Dormansville and Westerlo to the Delaware Turnpike (about 18 miles). The first division was incorporated in 1850 as the Coeymans and Westerlo Plank Road Company. Ten years later, plank was taken up and broken stone substituted.

The first newspaper was published in 1863. In 1907, the Ravena News bought the Coeymans Herald to become the News Herald. F. E. Bleezarde became the owner in 1917.

Coeymans was first connected to Albany in 1864 by the Saratoga and Hudson River Railroad. It was short lived and later called the “White Elephant Railroad.” It left the Town without a railroad until 1883 when the New York West Shore Buffalo Line was completed. With it, Coeymans Square, whose name was changed to Coeymans Junction, flourished. Coeymans Junction is now Ravena. Waterworks were constructed in 1897 and Ravena was incorporated into a village in 1914. Telephone service was added in 1903, electric lights were added in 1908 and a sewage system was installed in 1915.

  • Price: $699,000 
  • County: Albany 
  • Contact: William Keal 
  • Agent Title: Salesperson 
  • Cell: 518-253-3664 
  • Brokerage: Howard Hanna Real Estate 
  • Phone: (518) 456-0400 
  • Town: Coeymans