Millbrook NY Log Home Estate – 6800 SF on 2 levels with stone fireplace, garage, great room with soaring ceilings, ground floor master suite and 2nd master suite above on 17 acres and panoramic views. Includes expansive windows, large diameter timbers, hardwood floors throughout and fully equipped gourmet kitchen boasting a 48 inch Wolf Stove, Sub-Zero wine refrigeration and enormous pantry.
Other features include custom Frontier Ironworks light fixtures, oversized attached 3+ garage with high ceiling and 3,750 SF of unfinished basement waiting for your creative vision. Located in an area of estates 90 minutes from NYC. Short distance to the train and Village of Millbrook.
Millbrook NY Log Home Estate
The Village of Millbrook is near the center of the Town of Washington. Until April 2008, US Route 44 passed through the village, but it was rerouted through what was route 44A. The road through the town is now unsigned reference route.
Millbrook was settled by Quakers in the middle eighteenth century. What now comprises the village originally had two areas of settlement, Hart’s Village and the hamlet of Mechanic. The area known as Hart’s Village was centered around the grist mill along the East Branch of the Wappinger Creek off of Hart’s Village Road. The building still stands today, and has been converted to an apartment building.
The Hamlet of Mechanic is now known as South Millbrook, and is located near the junction of NY route 343 and Old Route 82 (Dutchess County route 111), where the turn monument is. The village is from the Great Nine Partners Patent, and a street and burial ground at the south east edge of town now bear the name. Prior to the Revolutionary War, what is now known as the Town of Washington was called the Charlotte Precinct.
The Village of Millbrook, as it is known today, was developed around the Dutchess and Columbia railroad train station which was located on the village green. The train station was built in 1870 on the lands of Issac Merritt, who laid out the streets soon thereafter.
Millbrook NY Log Home Estate (Dover)
According to the U. S. Census for 2010, the town has a total area of 53.5 square miles and a population of 8,699, 96% white. The median income for a household is $49,234 and the per capita income for the town is $28,599.
In 1637, the Pequot people had been driven from their former homes in Connecticut and settled in what is now Dover. They were led by Gideon Mauwee for part of their time in this location. The town was named after Dover in England, the home town of an early settler. The town was formed in 1807 from part of the Town of Pawling. The first town meeting took place in the home of John Preston, an early settler. The home, built circa 1730, is now an inn and restaurant known as Old Drovers Inn.
The towen iis drained by the Ten Mile River, which flows from the north through the center of town, then turns east into Connecticut and joins the Housatonic River. The east town line is the border of Connecticut. The Appalachian Trail passes through the town.
In the early twentieth century, the area became a haven for painters. Who captured the scenic beauty of rivers, fields, farms and country life. Tourists flocked to enjoy the charm, staying in small local inns. Quarrying, lime production, agriculture and milk-processing were the primary industries in the bustling community.
For more information on Millbrook Log Home Estate call 800-398-8802.
For more information on the town of Millbrook click here and Dover click here.
For more information on Dutchess County Real Estate click here.
- Address: Millbrook, New York
- List Date: 10/10/18
- Price: $1,895,000
- Property ID: 4903
- Town Taxes: 36695
- School Taxes: 29316
- Other Taxes: 7379
- County: Dutchess
- Schools: Dover Union Free
- Contact: David Birch
- Agent Title: Broker
- Cell: 518-928-7239
- Brokerage: Barns & Farms
- Phone: 518-392-6400
- Town: Dover, Millbrook
- Acreage: 17
- Road Type: County
- Supply: drilled well
- Disposal: septic and fields
- Year Built: 2006
- Condition: excellent
- Sq. Ft.: 9622