Old Chatham Farm Sold
with 12 acres and 1500 sf home just sold for $140,000.
There are still good deals out there, particularly if you are able to fix up on your own. An Old Chatham Farm with 12 acres and a 2000sf old farmhouse just sold for $140,000. We have other fixer uppers: A Gallatin 2000 sf home on one level situated on
Old Chatham Farm
is located in an estate area. This property is about 5 miles form Old Chatham Village, which sports 2 restaurants and a post office. Jacksons is a well know restaurant that has been around for ever.
Old Chatham Farm
is located in Old Chatham a hamlet in the northeast quadrant of the town of Chatham, located in Columbia County, New York. It is one of the earliest settlements in the town and was originally named Chatham.
The center of Old Chatham is marked by a few businesses around the intersection of the Albany Turnpike and County Rt. 13. These businesses include the United States Post Office for area code 12136, the Old Chatham Country Store (which includes a cafe/restaurant), and Jackson’s Old Chatham House (another restaurant). The Old Chatham Sheepherding Company is also located in Old Chatham. The Wilbor House, also known as The Thompson Farm, was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1997
Old Chatham Farm
is in the town of Chatham which includes the villages of Chatham, East Chatham, Malden Bridge, New Concord, North Chatham and Old Chatham. The Town of Kinderhook is to the west, and the Town of Canaan is to the east. The Towns of Austerlitz and Ghent are to the south.
Chatham New York Real Estate
Ranges from moderate homes to magnificent estates and horse properties. Its totally rural feel was somewhat changed by the construction of interstate 90 through its heart, but it leads to greater convenience in accessing Chatham from New York and Massachusetts.
Chatham’s early settlers were Dutch, but later Quakers and New Englanders arrived. The Town of Chatham was formed from the Towns of Canaan and Kinderhook in 1795. Contradictory of its current condition or image, Chatham, in fact, was an industrial center of multiple inter-state rail lines in the early 1900s. The village was a hub of the New York Central, Boston and Albany, and Rutland railroads, with three wyes and one roundhouse.
Chatham Village has only one traffic light; right turn on red is allowed at that intersection. It has 49 stop signs, 11 yield signs, and one traffic circle. Previous to the NYDOT renovations, cars driving in the traffic circle on Main Street yielded to cars entering the circle, which is an unusual traffic pattern. This pattern was changed to be in compliance with NY state traffic laws in 2008.
Chatham is host to the Columbia County Fair: Late August-Early September. Other events at the fair grounds include an Auto Show, a 4th of July Celebration, a Civil War Reenactment in the Summer and the Fire Fighters parade.
The north end of the Taconic State Parkway is in the town and Interstate 90 passes through the town. New York State Route 66 and New York State Route 203 intersect in the town.
According to the U. S. Census for 2000, the town has a total area of 53.5 square miles and a population of 4,249, 96% white. The median income for a household is $49,234 and the per capita income for the town is $28,599.