Salt Point NY Estate 100Acres 2 Homes Pond 12578

Salt Point Retreat 100Acres 2 Homes Pond.  With over 100 acres of land and 2 homes there is extremely  private.  The drive way is a 1/4 mile from town road.  This 4BR 1800's style home  with 1980SF has a LR with brick fireplace, large dining room, an enclosed porch, a large deck plus garage with 2BR guest apt.   Set way back from road and the adjoining horse farm the land, except for 6 Acre building lot, is protected by conservation easement, and also includes some wetlands. 

Salt Point NY Estate 100 Acres 2 Homes Pond. Great privacy with over 100 acres of land, 2 homes and 1/4 mile driveway from town road and adjoining horsefarm. 4BR 1800’s style home with 1980SF has a LR with brick fireplace, large dining room, an enclosed porch, a large deck plus garage with 2BR guest apt. Protected by conservation easement which allows 6 Acre building lot along town road..

Salt Point Retreat 100Acres 2 Homes Pond

Salt Point Retreat 100Acres 2 Homes Pond

Salt Point NY Estate 100Acres 2 Homes Pond

Pleasant Valley NY Real Estate includes Salt Point and Washington Hollow.  It is in the center of Dutchess County, bordered to the south by the Town of Lagrange to the East by the Town of Washington, to the west by Hyde Park, northeast of the city of Poughkeepsie. and to the north by the Town of Clinton.  The population was 9,672 at the 2010 census.  U.S. Route 44 passes through the town.  The median income for a household is $62,264 and the per capita income for the town is $25,942.

Settlers began arriving after 1735. The town was part of the Great Nine Partners Patent of 1697, a land grant whose legality was considered highly questionable. Many believed that the “Nine Partners” were holding unfair rule over the region through the use of extortion and threats of violence.

What is now the hamlet of Pleasant Valley was in 1762 called Charlotte. At that time it was part of the Crum Elbow Precinct part of the Nine Partners Grant.

Malancton Smith who was a delegate to the Ratification of the U.S. Constitution at the court house in Poughkeepsie.  In 1788 Pleasant Valley became part of the Town of Clinton when the precincts were divided into townships.  The town was formed in 1821 from part of the Town of Clinton. It is a rural–suburban community distinguished by its three main hamlet areas: Pleasant Valley, Salt Point, and Washington Hollow.

The Methodist Church was originally built in 1827 on a site east of the American Legion Hall. The building was moved in winter to where we see it and recognize it as the Masonic Temple.  St. Paul’s Episcopal Church was built in 1842 by people from England who had come to work in the mill.  St. Stanislaus Roman Catholic Church began with services in a barn on the inn property across the street. Originally a small chapel was built on the location where the church now stands. The present building was erected in 1956.

Salt Point NY Estate 100Acres 2 Homes Pond

The Quakers built their meeting house on the corner of North Avenue and Quaker Hill Road in 1810. This building is now owned by the Garage.

Besides farming the other important early industry was milling. There were grain mills, cotton mills and fulling mills. The one mill to survive was Robert Abbot’s cotton and grain mill first built in 1808. It burned and was rebuilt and stands today, a derilict and victim of the times.

The early maps do not show names of roads and changes are they had different names anyhow. The Beers map of 1867 shows six schools in the hamlet as required by law at that time. The one location to survive has had three different buildings and is called Traver Road School.  There were three hotels on the main street. The only building still standing is The Roadhouse on the corner of Route 44 and Quaker Hill Road. When the railroad came through in 1871 there was an influx of summer visitors. They stayed at the hotels and at the farm houses turned summer boarding houses.

The town as been protected from fire by volunteer forces since 1907 at which time a charter was given to the John Knott Fire Company. The first fire house still stands to the east of the present one.  Main Street, Pleasant Valley, has been the location of the town’s library since 1903. It was first located west of Marine Midland Bank. It was moved to Route 44 at the junction of South Avenue in 1914. Its location now is the former manse of the Presbyterian Church.

There were more residences on the tree-lined street at the turn of the century and with its picket fences it had as much charm as Salt Point has today. It has been taking a swift move towards the next century as we watch.

For more information on Salt Point NY Estate 100 Acres 2 Homes Pond call 800-398-8802.

For more information on the Town of Pleasant Valley click here. 

For more information on Dutchess County click here.  

  • Address: 33-39 Davis Road, Salt Point, NY 12578 
  • Price: $599,000 
  • Property ID: 5181 
  • Town Taxes: 4277 
  • School Taxes: 12254 
  • Prop. Class: Residential 
  • County: Dutchess 
  • Schools: Arlington Central 
  • Contact: David Birch 
  • Agent Title: Broker 
  • Cell: 518-928-7239 
  • Brokerage: Pine Plains 
  • Phone: 518-398-6180 
  • Town: Pleasant Valley